Monday, June 14, 2010

Back to the grind

Today we started a Phase II just south of Coralville, IA. The site is just outside a gravel quarry. I mean JUST outside. We get to drive through the quarry to get to the site... and by get to I mean HAVE to, and by drive I mean SLIDE around EVERYWHERE! We opened 5 units today. They are in chest high grass, between a levy and a line of trees following a creek, which doesn't make for the greatest air flow!

Anyway, it was like 90 degrees and 100% humidity. It was horrible. Especially since nobody had any water!

My unit (and I think most of the other ones)is down to 30cm after one day. Unfortunately I don't think anybody has found anything... and it sound like we each might be digging 3 units this week. That's 15 units on ONE SITE!

It's gonna be another scorcher tomorrow, but I've got some water and sunscreen, so hopefully it will be a better day!

No comments: